Motivational quotes for life
Motivational quotes by Barack Obama
“A change is brought about because ordinary people do extraordinary things.”Barack Obama
“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”Barack Obama
“Change will note come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”Barack Obama
“My fellow Americans, we are and always will be a nation of immigrants. We were strangers once, too.”Barack Obama
“The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.”Barack Obama
Interesting Barack Obama facts:
- He was the 44th President of the United States serving from 2009 to 2017
- Obama was born in Honolulu, Hawaii
- He attended Harvard Law School
- He was the fist black person to head the Harvard Law Review
- Before becoming president he was a US senator from Illinois
- Obama was the first African-American president of the USA
- He was born on August 4th, 1961
- When Barack Obama was 21 years old, his father was killed in an automobile accident
- He was awarded the Nobel Peace prize in 2009 for “his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.”
Motivational quotes by Dalai Lama XIV
“Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”Dalai Lama XIV
“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.”Dalai Lama XIV
“My Religion is very simple. My religion is kindness.”Dalai Lama XIV
“Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive.”
Dalai Lama XIV
“Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other”Dalai Lama XIV
Interesting Dalai Lama XIV facts:
- Born 6th July 1935 (Current age of 84) in Takster, Quinghai, China
- His name is Tenzin Gyatso (Shortened from Jetsun Jamphel Ngawang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso)
- He was formally recognised as the 14th Dalai Lama 1939 and began his reign on 22nd February 1940
- In 1959 during the Tibetan uprising, the Dalai Lama had fled to India (Where he currently lives as a refugee)
Motivational quotes by Martin Luther King Jr.
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”Martin Luther King Jr.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”Martin Luther King Jr.
“I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality… I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word.”Martin Luther King Jr.
“The time is always right to do what is right.”Martin Luther King Jr.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”Martin Luther King Jr.
Interesting Martin Luther King Jr. facts:
- Born January 15th 1929 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Died April 4th 1968 by assassination
- Awarded Nobel Peace Prize in 1964
- Awarded Presidential Medal of Freedom in 1977
- Awarded Congressional Gold Medal (2004)
- King’s house was bombed during the Montgomery bus boycott
- He was arrested in 1963 for protesting the treatment of blacks in Birmingham.