The most Famous Motivational quotes by Kurt Cobain.
Kurt Cobain was the lead singer and front man of the famous grunge band ‘Nirvana’ from its inception in 1987 to its disbandment in 1994, when on the 5th April Cobain died from a self inflicted gunshot to the head.
Cobain’s work still manages to touch those even today and despite his personal struggles he managed to influence a whole generation of music for years to come. From his works, the most famous motivational quotes by Kurt Cobain are recorded below:
“Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.”– Kurt Cobain
“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not.”– Kurt Cobain
“It’s better to burn out than fade away.”– Kurt Cobain
“The duty of youth is to challenge corruption.”– Kurt Cobain
“Thank you for the tragedy. I need it for my art.”– Kurt Cobain
“Music is first, lyrics are secondary.”– Kurt Cobain
“You can’t buy happiness.”– Kurt Cobain
“If my eyes could show my soul, everyone would cry when they saw me smile.”– Kurt Cobain
“Music is energy. A mood, atmosphere. Feeling.”– Kurt Cobain
“Nobody dies a virgin. Life f***s us all.”– Kurt Cobain
Kurt Cobain facts:
- Born February 20th, 1967 in Aberdeen, Washington, USA
- Died April 5th, 1994 (Aged 27) Seattle, Washington, USA
- Cause of death was recorded as suicide by gunshot
- Best known for his leading roll in the 1987 grunge band ‘Nirvana’
- Prior to Nirvana, Cobain founded a band called ‘Fecal Matter’ in 1985 but was disbanded shortly after in 1986.
- Global success came to Cobain and Nirvana in 1991 with their second album ‘Nevermind’ featuring perhaps their most well known song ‘Smells like Teen Spirit’
- Despite their commercial success, Cobain struggled with a drug addiction and depression.
- In 2014, Cobain and his fellow band mates Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- in 1981 on Kurt’s 14th birthday his uncle offered him either a used guitar or a bike – Cobain chose the guitar.
- In 1992 Cobain married Courtney Love
- Cobain and Love had one child together ‘Frances Bean Cobain’ born on August 18th 1992. At the time of Cobain’s death she was 18 months old.
Interesting links for more information on Kurt Cobain and Nirvana:
6 thoughts on “The most Famous Motivational quotes by Kurt Cobain.”
Beautiful. Thank you.
I love quotes and I do enjoy your picks and am looking forward to read more.
Hi there. Thank you for visiting and following HoB. Much appreciated!
I remember the tragedy of his suicide. Loved his music.
Also love his music, big fan here! Was unfortunately too young to ever get a chance to see them live.
Hmmm. I can’t read, “It’s better to burn out, than fade away” without starting first with (something like) “Gunter glieben glausen globen” . . . .